For years we have eaten bone soup every day-now in our 80s we still enjoy a healthy active life without the use of any medications or hospital interventions etc. Its only now that dieticians have scientific proof of all the health benefits of bone broth-and advise bone soup for the cure of many common ailments – But for truly healthy bone soup you need bones from healthy, young grass fed stock.
Leentje’s Bone Broth
- Beef or Lamb Bones Marrow bones are best
- 1 Tbsp Cider vinegar or Wine vinegar
- Salt and Peppercorns to taste
- 1 Onion
- Celery or other vegetables whatever is available
- Place enough bones in large pot so you can easily cover them with water.
- Add Table spoon of cider or wine vinegar and some peppercorns and salt to taste.
- Heat slowly on low heat – leave several hours on low heat just simmering or even below boiling point – good on the back of the wood stove!
- Remove from heat and leave overnight to cool
- Leave layer of fat undisturbed,until you want to reheat the broth . Skim off most of the fat, but leave some for flavour as this bone fat also contains special healing properties especially for healing leaky gut and soothing damaged intestines
- Heat, adding chopped onion, celery and any other spare veges on hand – even left overs from the day before will enrich your soup
- The bones and any leftover broth can be kept for the next day. Add more vegetables and a little water if required for another delicious soup!
- Soothes lining of digestive tract like in Crohn disease, healing to leaky gut syndrome.
- Promotes healthy probiotic balance.
- Contains healing collagen, glutamines etc for joint health
- Boosts the immune system,
- maintains healthy pliable skin.
- contains easily digestible substances to aid sleep and memory
- boosts detoxification
- provides all the bone and muscle building minerals in digestable form.